Friday, December 17, 2010

Merry Christmas, Lindon Elementary!

Lindon Elementary has a Christmas sing every year. We went yesterday and I must say, it was VERY LOUD! Lydia's choir sang a couple of songs, then each grade sings two songs.

First grade sang a cute little song called "Christmas Cookies and Holiday Hearts" and "All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth" It was cute. Then all the kids sang a song called "Merry Christmas, Lindon Elementary" They love this song and sing it at the top of their lungs. Imagine, 600 kids shouting in a very enclosed space that is barely fitting us all. Yes, LOUD! It was fun for the kids though. My biggest beef with the event though is that they work so hard to squish families in there with these 600 kids and mine never even knew I was there. I walked up to her at the end and she said, "Mom, you missed the whole thing!" Not true, my dear, I heard everyone ear ringing note. So, I don't know if I'll go next year, but it was fun for the kids, so I'm glad Lydia was a part of it.


Does your kid's school do a Christmas sing, and what do you think of it?

2 comments:

Tara and Orlando said...

It sounds like the kids had cute programs despite everything else.
I'm so glad Dallin has grown past the age of being afraid of Santa. In fact now he screams "SANTA!" (yes, like in Elf) and runs to him. But next year I start that all over again.
Merry Christmas to you!

JandS Morgan said...

Must be nice to go to a school where Christmas isn't a bad word! I love it here, but the PC sure does get annoying.