Thursday, July 22, 2010

4th of July/Oregon Coast Trip

We met up with most of my family at the Oregon Coast over the 4th of July weekend. We camped at Fort Stevens State Park. Fort Stevens is a World War II military fort. It is very large and fun to explore. The campgrounds are a little south of the fort, and even though it rained the first day, we still had a blast exploring.




We also got to spend some time on the beach each day. I LOVE the Oregon Coast. It is very beautiful! Also on the beach where we were camping there is the skeleton of an old English ship that ran ashore in the early 1900's called the Peter Iredale.




Then on the 4th we went to Seaside and dug a pit and had a bbq/bonfire and fireworks on the beach. It was such a perfect way to spend Independence Day! Bryant couldn't get enough of the fireworks, so it was good that we were surrounded by them for about 2 hours. We had a great time with cousins and strengthening our relationships with my family. We love you guys!



8 comments:

Nielsen Familia said...

Fun! I also love the Oregon coast, and I'm jealous you got to go there this year! But I'm very glad you had a good reunion!

Tara and Orlando said...

That was a lot of fun seeing you guys again. We miss you guys already!

Jules said...

Everyone's getting so big! Are they looking forward to school?

We should try and get together as families this fall. It's been a ridiculously long time! Take care!

Shannon Marie said...

Cute pictures. It looks cold.

Jewels said...

How gorgeous is that last picture of you? What a fun Holiday! I too love the Oregon coast, sounds like you had a marvy time with your family!

Jessica G. said...

Fun stuff! And some great shots of the kids!

Adam and Rachel Family said...

Looks like so much fun! Let's go camping. :)

JandS Morgan said...

I need to get the kids to Fort Steven's one of these days. I just bought a bike hitch carrier for the car so it'd be fun to bring the bikes.