Then mid June I participated in the Wasatch Back Ragnar with some of my closest friends. Our team name was "Running Fools" and our mascot was Mr. T. My team of 12 women covered 200 miles in 32 hours. I was runner 4. My first leg was 5.2 miles mid day in the heat and uphill. It was my hardest leg, but I did it! My second leg was 4.5 miles, 11:00 at night and flat. It was much easier and I ran the entire leg! My last leg was mostly downhill, 3.1 miles and in the morning. I completed that one with relative ease. Ragnar was an amazing experience. It was so neat to have the support van following me and encouraging me all along the way. I wanted to do well for my team, but always felt my best was good enough. When I felt I wanted to quit, they cheered me on. On the last leg my family also came to see me run and I could tell they were so proud of me. I got about 3 hours of sleep during the trip, but it was worth every cent, sore muscle, and waking moment. Thanks to my team for letting me be a part of it!
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
June Racing
Tim participated in his first triathlon at the beginning of June. It was a 3.2 mile run (5k), an eight mile bike, ending with a 400 meter swim. Tim finished in about 1 1/2 hours. He did a great job!



Then mid June I participated in the Wasatch Back Ragnar with some of my closest friends. Our team name was "Running Fools" and our mascot was Mr. T. My team of 12 women covered 200 miles in 32 hours. I was runner 4. My first leg was 5.2 miles mid day in the heat and uphill. It was my hardest leg, but I did it! My second leg was 4.5 miles, 11:00 at night and flat. It was much easier and I ran the entire leg! My last leg was mostly downhill, 3.1 miles and in the morning. I completed that one with relative ease. Ragnar was an amazing experience. It was so neat to have the support van following me and encouraging me all along the way. I wanted to do well for my team, but always felt my best was good enough. When I felt I wanted to quit, they cheered me on. On the last leg my family also came to see me run and I could tell they were so proud of me. I got about 3 hours of sleep during the trip, but it was worth every cent, sore muscle, and waking moment. Thanks to my team for letting me be a part of it!

Then mid June I participated in the Wasatch Back Ragnar with some of my closest friends. Our team name was "Running Fools" and our mascot was Mr. T. My team of 12 women covered 200 miles in 32 hours. I was runner 4. My first leg was 5.2 miles mid day in the heat and uphill. It was my hardest leg, but I did it! My second leg was 4.5 miles, 11:00 at night and flat. It was much easier and I ran the entire leg! My last leg was mostly downhill, 3.1 miles and in the morning. I completed that one with relative ease. Ragnar was an amazing experience. It was so neat to have the support van following me and encouraging me all along the way. I wanted to do well for my team, but always felt my best was good enough. When I felt I wanted to quit, they cheered me on. On the last leg my family also came to see me run and I could tell they were so proud of me. I got about 3 hours of sleep during the trip, but it was worth every cent, sore muscle, and waking moment. Thanks to my team for letting me be a part of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment